Roast Pork with Jerk Mustard and Green Herb Salad
2.5kg Boneless Pork Leg Roast
4 spring onion, cut into thirds
1 garlic bulb, broken into cloves
4cm piece ginger, sliced
1/2 jar Jerk Mustard Sauce
Green Herb Salad
3 cups of lettuce leaves mixed
1 small red onion, diced
1/2 cup parsley
1/4 cup mint
1/4 cup basil
1 tbs lemon
3 tbs olive oil
1 tsp honey
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Score skin of pork and season generously with salt.
2. Add spring onion, garlic ginger to baking tray and top with Roast pork. Roast for 2 1/2 hours.
3. Pour off the fat from the tray and increase the oven temperature to 250 degrees. Roast for a further 30 minutes or until the skin is crisp. Rest for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile mix together all the ingredients for dressing and all the green herb salad. Pour dressing over the salad and mix.
5. Cut the pork into slices and serve with Jerk Mustard and the Green Herb Salad.
Optional: Marinade Pork in Jerk Marinade for 1 - 4 hours before cooking, especially if you want to make a gravy using the juices at the end.